Property owners within the district pay a fee to raise money that supplements publicly-financed services for neighborhood improvement including cleaning, security, market research and retail advocacy.
The Downtown Portland Clean & Safe district is a 213-block enhanced service area in Downtown Portland. District boundaries are:
- At the South end of the district, starting at Naito Parkway and SW Harrison St., heading West to SW 4th Ave.
- Turning North along SW 4th Ave. to SW Market St.
- Turning West along SW Market St. to SW 9th Ave.
- Turning North along SW 9th Ave. to SW Salmon St.
- Turning West along SW Salmon St. to SW 11th Ave.
- Turning North along SW 11th Ave. to W Burnside
- Turning East along W Burnside to NW 9th Ave.
- Turning North along NW 9th Ave. to NW Hoyt St.
- Turning East along NW Hoyt St. to NW Broadway
- Turning North along NW Broadway to NW Lovejoy St.
- Turning East along NW Lovejoy St. to NW Naito Parkway
- Returning along NW Naito Parkway heading South the entire length back to SW Harrison St.
Need help? Call 503.224.7383
The Downtown Portland Clean & Safe District funds:
- Downtown Portland Clean & Safe Program, which provides cleaning, security and visitor information.
- Downtown Retail Program, which focuses on market research, retail advocacy, and marketing and communications.
Originally founded in 1988 as an informal group of downtown property owners and managers, the Downtown Portland Clean & Safe District was later formalized in city code in 1991.
The district underwent several renewals in the 1990s before Portland City Council decided to renew the district every 10 years in 2001.
Meet the individuals committed to overseeing the Downtown Portland Clean & Safe District, and its essential programs and services.
There are many ways to support the work of Downtown Portland Clean & Safe. If you are a downtown restaurateur, hotelier or retailer, consider joining our Downtown Retail Council. Or, if you want to lend your voice to help impact public policy priorities consider joining the Central City Standing Committee.