DOWNTOWN RETAIL ADVOCATE
The Downtown Portland Clean & Safe (DPC&S) district provides extraordinary essential services to the people, places, and businesses within a core 213-block area of our unique city. Operating since 1988, the district is one of the oldest, largest, and most successful enhanced service districts in the nation.
The Downtown Retail Advocate acts as a consultant to the Portland Business Alliance and Downtown Portland Clean and Safe, Prosper Portland, and the City of Portland to promote retail and restaurant development in the Downtown and Old Town districts. The main purpose of the Retail Advocate is retail retention and recruitment.
- Seek out and recruit retail businesses and stores, as well as food & beverage (including food carts), and personal services operators that fit with a Portland Downtown Retail Strategy.
- Build relationships with prospective operators, track future interest, and with building owners and landlords (and/or their representatives), matches new operators with spaces.
- Build and maintain database of tenant prospects and of properties.
- Work with prospective retailers from initial contact through to store opening.
- Business retention: work closely with the national retail brands as well as local retail partners to identify and address areas of concern for retailers (shops/restaurants/hotel/food carts).
- Help to promote business vibrancy and sustainability in the Downtown and Old Town area and supports activities around marketing/events.
- Lead a targeted retail recruitment effort and facilitate the negotiation process for downtown retail projects with brokers and property owners with a focus on recruiting local, woman owned, and minority owned businesses.
- Excellent customer satisfaction; focused and responsive to clients and team members.
- Ability to follow through on assigned tasks with limited supervision.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job operates both in a professional office environment and on the sidewalks of the city. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets.
TO APPLY, SEND YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO SYDNEY MEAD AT SMEAD@PORTLANDALLIANCE.COM. APPLICATIONS AND MATERIALS ARE DUE BY JUNE 28TH, 2022.
Downtown Portland Clean & Safe an affiliate of Portland Business Alliance is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.