Through the DoorDash Accelerator for Local Restaurants, we are helping restaurants access education so they can adapt, grow, and thrive. Together, DoorDash and Accion Opportunity Fund, along with other restaurant industry experts, constructed a seven-course curriculum that provides restaurant owners with immersive courses designed to help grow their business, covering topics such as marketing, access to capital, managing cash flow, and menu creation.
This Accelerator is specifically designed with resources, speakers, and content most relevant and applicable to restaurants owned by women, immigrants, and people of color. To date, we have served over 115 restaurants through local cohorts in Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, Philadelphia, and New York City. We are proud that previous cohorts were comprised of 90% people of color, and the vast majority of participants were also women, immigrants, and refugees.
The DoorDash Accelerator for Local Restaurants Fall 2022 Cohort is making its debut in the greater Denver, CO and Portland, OR areas. Cohorts will be hosted in partnership with the Hispanic Restaurant Association: Denver Chapter, and the Black Business Association of Oregon.
DoorDash believes that communities thrive through equal access to opportunity. Through the DoorDash Accelerator for Local Restaurants, we are helping restaurants access education so they can adapt, grow, and thrive.
How To Apply
Apply at doordashimpact.com/restaurantaccelerator
- Applications open: August 24 – September 9
- Applicants notified: mid-September
- Accelerator will run: October 11 – December 5
- 8-week curriculum covering topics like marketing, branding, access to capital, hiring, legal support, and menu creation
- Opportunity for one-on-one, customized business advising with expert business coaches from Accion Opportunity Fund, direct access to industry experts and leaders from local organizations
- $20,000 grant
- Free merchandising and marketing benefits from DoorDash, including professional photography
- Opportunities to network in-person with other local business owners and experts
- Operate three or fewer restaurant locations for two or more years
- Employ 50 or fewer people across all locations
- Brick and mortar location
- Restaurant located in the greater Portland, Oregon areas:
- Portland, Hillsboro, Gresham, Beaverton, Tigard, Happy Valley, Wilsonville, Forest Grove, Oregon City, Sherwood, West Linn, Tualatin, Lake Oswego, Milwaukie, Aloha, Cedar Hills