Downtown Portland Clean & Safe Director, Operations
The Downtown Clean and Safe Director will assist the Vice President with planning, initiating, coordinating, and implementing specific contracts, elements, programs, and activities found in the annual Alliance program of work necessary to achieve and maintain an attractive, clean, safe and inviting physical environment for the Downtown Clean and Safe program.
Assists with the preparation and directs supervision of all aspects of contracts for cleaning and security in the Enhanced Service District (ESD).
- Maintains and monitors budgets for all Cleaning and Security programs to ensure appropriate expenditures and to prevent deficit spending.
- Provides leadership to plan, prioritize, assign, supervise and review the agreed upon services of contractors, staff, and interns involved in the Downtown Clean and Safe Program.
- Participates in the selection of contractors, staff and interns.
- Provides and coordinates contractor, staff, and intern trainings, as needed.
- Works with contractors, staff and interns to correct deficiencies and implements efficiency accountability procedures.
- Recommends and assists in the implementation of goals and objectives and establishes schedules and methods for service delivery.
- Develops ongoing recommendations for service delivery in the program area.
- Travels the district to evaluate operations and activities of assigned contractors, staff and intern responsibilities, recommends improvements, modifications, staffing levels and prioritizations, and prepares reports or briefings on operations and activities.
- Responds to complaints or concerns voiced by downtown business owners and property owners about the appearance or function of public spaces in the downtown area.
- Acts as liaison to the city, county and other groups and organizations on homelessness and affordable housing issues, cleaning and security issues within the ESD
- Designs and implements program studies, collects and analyzes data and prepare evaluation reports on the effectiveness of specific programs and service delivery systems, and prepares monthly and other reports as requested.
- Maintains liaison and cooperative working relationships with various business and community groups, law enforcement and criminal justice agencies concerned with downtown cleaning, safety and community justice issues, and attend forums, meetings and conferences.
- Answers questions and provides information to the public, responds to public complaints, and recommends corrective action, as necessary, to resolve complaints.
- Attends meetings including Central City Standing Committee Public Safety Action Committee, Clean and Safe Board and Executive Committees, Downtown Security Providers Network, Central Precinct Problem Solving Group, and other Alliance meetings, as needed.
- Maintains punctual, regular and predictable attendance.
- Works collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation.
- Displays excellent communication skills including presentation, persuasion, and negotiation skills required in working with customers and/or coworkers and including the ability to communicate effectively and remain calm and courteous under pressure.
- Respectfully takes direction from Supervisor.
- Other duties and projects, as assigned.
- In addition to the Downtown Clean and Safe contractors, the Downtown Clean and Safe manager shall have direct supervisory responsibility over the Legal Assistant assigned to the Downtown Neighborhood District Attorney’s Office
Salary: $90,000 – $100,000
Downtown Portland Clean & Safe an affiliate of Portland Business Alliance is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.